How to WEAR red lipstick?
- Choose the right shade of red. For fair skin, go for a red that has blue undertones. For ruddy skin, choose a pinkish red. Olive skin looks best with warm reds that have orange, gold, or brown base. Dark brown skin is stunning in a bright fuchsia-red. But of course, confer with the women at the cosmetics counter.
- Keep the rest of the makeup simple. Red lipstick is statement enough. Don`t overdo the eye makeup or the blush or you run the risk of looking like a clown. Let the lips be the focus.
- Make sure you know how to apply it. It is a bit of an art form. This is not the lipstick you can throw on in the back of a taxi. Again, confer with the women at the cosmetics counter & also see below.
“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
How to APPLY red lipstick?
- Apply a lip moisturizer first & then a thin layer of foundation.
- After the foundation dries, add a layer of face powder, which will help set the lipstick so that it will last longer.
- Next, line the lips with a pencil that matches your lipstick. Keep within the natural line of your lip.
- Apply a thin, even coat of the lipstick.
- Blot. Always remember to blot!
- Apply a second coat & you`re ready to go!
MAD MONEY is the spare $50 bill you should keep in the secret pocket of your purse or wallet. Place it there & forget about it. You are allowed to spend it only in an emergency, and as soon as you spend it, you must replace it.
The expression “mad money” was coined by Howard J. Savage at the end of an article on slang at Bryn Mawr College. He defined it as “money a girl carries in case she has a row with her escort & wishes to go home alone”. I define it as “money a girl carries in case she gets in a fight with her date & wants to go home alone or if she is walking by a vintage shop that doesn`t accept credit cards & she finds the perfect little black dress, clutch, or cocktail ring.”
You can wear anything - with sophistication.
- UP THE QUALITY! As your tastes inch upward, start investing in things like a smart black coat or a beautiful day-to-night blazer.
- GET SERIOUS ABOUT FIT! You should have a tailor you trust for things like high-end suits. Jettison trends that don`t fit your body type.
- MIX IT UP! Since you can still wear just about anything, don`t forget to bring a few wild cards into the dressing room with you now & then.
- EMBRACE SEXY! Suddenly, you have the confidence & authority to undo that next button or pull off a pencil skirt…
Ajaytao 2010 has nominated me for this award. Thank you very much, Ajaytao!
It`s a brand new award from Shaun@http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com
Quoted from the Rules: “This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honor to start this award”
The rules are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience & family
- Let your 10 family members know you awarded them
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who you have taken you as a friend & spread the love!
My nominees are:
Leanne Cole, Laura, Ruby, Fashion Assist, Lexa, Leslie, Evelina Galli, Victoria, Yelena, Laura
“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it A FAMILY: whatever you call it, whoever you are YOU NEED ONE.“
You`ve got permission to experiment!
- BE PLAYFUL! Anything goes when you`re a 20-something, form pretty, girly dresses to edgier ensembles. Take chances, and try unexpected pairings & silhouettes. You might luck into a great look or a new shape for you.
- SHOW SOME LEG! Do it now, before you get older and are looking back & wishing you`d appreciated that body then. The time will pass when you can wear challenging or trendy lengths.
- ADORN YOURSELF! Layer on the bangles, the long necklaces, the bijoux from various bygone eras.